Monday, January 31, 2011

Desperately Seeking Stands

If you remember our venue, there are several shelved walls on each floor that are crying out for some kind of decoration.

venue_25
The dance floor.

The first time Dr. Light and I went walking through the venue, I thought they'd be the perfect place to put some photos of us growing up and throughout our lives.

What we'd need, though, is picture stands that won't break the bank.



I came across these gator clips on Amazon, though the review of the seller was quite negative. The clips are 12/$35, which is a bit more than I was hoping to spend per photo.
I also looked at plastic easels online. In high school, when I worked at Michael's, I saw a lot of these come by my register. I can't seem to find them on Michael's' site, so I may have to walk into the store to get a good idea on the price. They seem to range anywhere from $3/per to $7 per, depending on size. So, still not a great choice.
I've also done a bit of research on acrylic frames. Again, I couldn't seem to find a suitable price that wouldn't get expensive very quickly. Also, I think they look, well, a bit cheap.
So, I'm currently at a loss. I need to take that trip to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and see if there's an item that I missed during my Internet search. That's the trouble with online. If you don't know something exists, browsing for it gets a lot harder.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE I HAVE YOUR SOLUTION. But it means you have to go to Goodwill. XD Picture frames can be purchased there for as little .25 if they're on sale! A little paint (if it's even necessary!) and they're ready to go!

    Also, I've seen Joanns and Michaels carry those little cube/clip versions in their $1 bins, if you like those! I bet there's a way to DiY it!

    ReplyDelete