Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trying on Dresses!

Way back in 2010, my mom, sister, and a few other bridesmaids joined me as I went to try on some dresses at an amazing shop called Little White Dress. I found my wedding gown that day, but I'm saving that for another post!

I found LWD through my dress designer's site. I was trying to locate anyone in Colorado who carried the designs, and came across two shops. LWD was the first one I called, and although they didn't have my style in shop, the lady who helped me, Rachel, told me she would try and locate it and get back to me.

A few minutes later she called back with bad news. The designer had sold their sample. We got off the phone and I stared at my computer for a minute, trying to figure out what to do.

The phone rang again, Rachel on the other end. She had located a sample to borrow in Ohio of all places. OHIO! I paid a quick borrower's fee via phone and they ordered the dress to come in. It was amazing of her to go to the trouble of finding a dress out of state for me, and gave me such a wonderful impression of the shop.

Armed with confidence in Rachel and her magic, we descended upon LWD and I tried on dresses. Here was everything I didn't pick.

not-for-you



Justin Alexander 8483 was the first style aside from my dress that I tried on. I LOVED this dress. It's very flattering! I've seen many blog posts of brides wearing this or the shorter version, and they always look incredible.

I had grabbed a few Justin Alexander dresses to try on, so I ventured into this one third. It's Justin Alexander 8352. I really didn't think the pickups were for me.

Next came dresses my bridesmaids picked. I'm guessing on designers/styles for some of these. We agreed the shiny satin on this one really didn't do much for me.

Ditto on this one. The bottom half of the dress was fine, but I didn't like the top at all. I think this was the Zoe by Sassi Holford.

This dress was okay, but I just couldn't imagine myself in a shiny mermaid style dress. Moving on.

My mom and I really loved the bottom of this dress, but the top didn't do anything for me. This is Lian Carlo 4837.

This last dress, however, I LOVED. Despite the design being very simple, I felt like such a princess! It fit my curves really nicely and just made me squee a little. This dress and the JA 8483 would have been in the running if I hadn't gone with the dress I initially fell in love with.

That, my friends, is a reveal for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment