Monday, April 11, 2011

A thought about details.

I feel like one of the hardest things about planning a wedding isn't the DIY or the anticipation. It's not the vendor choices or picking clothing. It's the fact that I've only been to one wedding in the last two years and sometimes I feel like I'm fishing around for more wedding experience.

Inspiration boards online are great, but they only do so much. There's something wonderful about being there and seeing the tiny details you might otherwise gloss over. I feel the experience of being a guest and watching the whole affair come together can help your own wedding be successful. For instance, the wedding I attended last year was great because I got to see how successful a receiving line could be - that face time with the couple was fantastic! I definitely want to do that at my wedding too.

My sister has been to something like four weddings in the past couple of years, and ever since I've been engaged, I've asked her to come back with reports of her experiences. What did the couple do well? What could have been improved upon? Were there any ideas that she thought were incredible?

She just got back from a wedding in Texas this weekend, so Dr. Light and I asked her to bring back a program and any other items that could help us get an idea of what other people are doing and how well it was done. Luckily, she had almost nothing bad to say aside from, "Get a seating chart!"

How do you handle the details of your wedding that aren't familiar to you? Have you been to enough weddings to feel like the planning process is easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment