Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meet the Dress

post-not-for-you


I've been kind of dragging my feet on officially presenting my dress. I ask that if you are an attending member of the wedding and want to remain "spoiler free," also refrain from clicking the link.

That being said, let's meet the dress!


After browsing around on The Knot when I knew that Dr. Light and I were getting more serious about getting engaged, I stumbled upon a designer whose dresses simply blew me away. I knew I was going to end up with one of his dresses, and here it is:

Justin Alexander 8489


It has everything I didn't know I wanted. Lace, dupioni silk, beading, and something my dress consultant called an "apron," though I can't find anything online to support that claim. It's also very unique, as I have never seen photos of another bride in the dress. I LOVE that.

It's also really heavy, so it will need some really good alterations. Right now it succumbs to gravity with startling ease.

Here are a few pictures of my personal dress:


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! And you look SO happy in it!

    PS - I love your tattoo

    ReplyDelete