Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Discussing the Gown Type

post-not-for-you



Ever since I found my apron dress with the unique dip down the front, I've been looking for other similar dresses to share. By chance, a Bee on Weddingbee had a few dresses posted on her blog, and one of them was an apron dress! I quickly followed her link to find that a designer named Ian Stuart has made several dresses along this same vein.

If you think an apron dress is for you, here are several to check out:

Eden by Ian Stuart

Masquerade by Ian Stuart

Sincerity Bridal 3585

Hourglass by Matthew Christopher

What really sets apron gowns apart from other layered dresses is the different fabric used in the two layers. My dress has the dupioni silk and then the lace. The masquerade (which I would have LOVED to see in person) also has the dupioni silk top and the rose bottom. Just gorgeous! I think this style of dress is a complete win for brides who love a lot of patterns and fabrics.

What do you think? Would an apron gown interest you?

1 comment: