Friday, December 17, 2010

SOCKS!

If you've been reading the blog, you know that I'm pondering wearing a comfy pair of Danskos or Sanitas to the reception, simply because I don't know if I could survive the night in my heels. What that means, however, is picking a pair of socks!



Back in college I had several pairs of clogs that I wore sockless all the time. After a while, though, I got to the point where I felt bad putting them on because they smelled so bad after I took them off! So from then on out, my clogs got socks.

So here's a truth: I love fun socks. Especially socks with cows on them. My favorite pair of socks is cow print with a furry band around the top of them. They're so awful. I LOVE THEM. I love that they clash with all the shoes I own and that people mostly have NO IDEA what's lurking under my jeans.

So I think I should have a special pair of socks for the wedding. There are a lot of great sites out there that sell fun socks such as Sock Dreams and Joy of Socks.

But how to decide?



There are so many to pick from!

Cute pencils!


Like Mario? Howabout some pipe socks?


Imagine these 'gators hiding under a dress!


While we're on an animal kick, there could be panda action!


I love dogs, but the fact that they're day-glo doesn't appeal to me.


Moustaches are a popular wedding trend; what about wearing some on your feet?


I kind of like these! The flowers and purple are so pretty. But are they perfect for surprise wedding socks?


And, at last, the coveted cow socks:


All pics except the final cows from Sock Dreams. The cows are from Joy of Socks!

I admit, my favorite of them all were the socks at the very top of the post, but they're the kind with the grippy dots on the bottom and most definitely aren't made for going inside Danskos.

I will definitely keep my eyes out for cute socks.

Would you ever put awesome socks under your wedding dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment