Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shoes: I receive ye!

After finding a pair of super cute Sanitas at DSW this weekend, I got to thinking again about reception shoes. I've already found the shoes I'm wearing for the wedding, but they're definitely not something I could dance the night away in.

A lot of bloggers and folks recommend Converse. Converse has a section on their site that lets you customize a shoe, and I've toyed around with that a few times, but I'm not sure that Converse are for me. I don't wear Converse as a regular part of my day-to-day fashion, so it seems like that choice would ultimately be one that wouldn't serve me well.


They are cute, but I'm not sure they're for me!

Instead, I wear Sanitas a lot of the time. Sanita is a brand nearly identical to Dansko - something Dr. Light introduced me to early in the relationship. As he works in a hospital and can be on his feet during rounds, it's essential that he have a comfy shoe. He kept extolling the virtues of how comfy they were, so I finally tried them out.

I finally got these.

And I love them. I wear them with all sorts of stuff they don't match because they're THAT comfy. They're one of the only pairs of shoes I have that I don't need to put insoles into, and that's saying something.

So, that got me thinking. Why choose to wear the popular shoe at my reception just because it's the popular shoe? I went hunting for a purple pair of Sanitas (or Danskos) and only came up with this:


But is purple quilt really what I want? I still have just under a year to find a pair that matches my vision better - but it's more that Sanita needs to PUT out a shoe during this year. If I don't find them, it's not the end of the world - I have two other pair (one not pictured) that could serve me just fine, but there's a tiny part of my soul that hopes the right pair will materialize out of fairy dust.

I feel pretty strongly that a shoe I love is better than just going with the current trend. I wonder what other folks have decided to do regarding reception shoes and bucking the Converse bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment