Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Engagement Party

I admit it now: this post is long overdue. We had our engagement party back in September. My dad and stepmom threw it, and it was a blast. The only downside was that Dr. Light's mom was in a non-serious car accident after she left, so a few other members of his family had to skedaddle too.

I also managed to catch no photos of Dr. Light's family. I think it will have to be up to him to grab some, as taking photos, schmoozing, and drinking get kind of hard for me. :)

My stepmom changes the chalkboard art on her kitchen pig. For the party, our initials!
engage_01



It was mainly a munchies party, with plenty of cheese, crackers, and spreadables.
engage_03

engage_04

Dr. Light prepares some munchies.
engage_05

Loki wishes they were for him.
engage_06

Bar: ready!
engage_07

I definitely kiss this cook!
engage_08

This fancy white apron? Not mine.
engage_09

We were pretty excited for the party to start. Invited were our immediate families and the folks we'd asked to be in our wedding parties.
engage_10

Maid of Honor H and her date J arrived.
engage_11

And then Bridesmaid B and her boyfriend. I caught him on photo eventually.
engage_12

I caught my stepmom in action behind Maid of Honor H and Bridesmaid M.
engage_13

Bridesmaid E always rocks the cutest outfits!
engage_14

Dr. Light is overjoyed at the turnout!
engage_15

Bridesmaid M.
engage_17

My stepmom J, who put everything together! It was smashing!
engage_18

Stepmom and Dad. I had to take a bazillion shots to get them to act pretty for the camera.
engage_19

Dr. Light and Best Man K.
engage_20

Groomsman L and his family.
engage_21

Told you I caught Bridesmaid B and her boyfriend! <3 engage_22

My stepbrother and his girlfriend. They are kind of adorable.
engage_23

Dr. Light caught up with me during the party. Or rather, he caught me and then didn't let go. Help.
engage_24

engage_25

Stepmom, stepbrother, and stepbrother's girlfriend. :D
engage_26

Co-Maids of Honor! My twin sister Siren (obvs not her real name) and MOH H. I've known MOH H since kindergarten, so somehow it wasn't right to not have her as a MOH. That just means I get double the pampering or something, right?
engage_27

Me and Siren.
engage_28

Friends.
engage_29

No comments:

Post a Comment