Monday, August 9, 2010

Engaged!

Although Mr. Light's intention to propose was no secret between us, it was still a pretty amazing moment when he did.

We'd been hanging out all night, enjoying a spaghetti dinner and conversation, when he slid off the couch and onto his knees. He told me that I was the only woman for him, that he loved me, and more that I can't remember because I have the crummiest auditory memory ever - but the look in his eyes was more than enough.

He popped the box open and I'm pretty sure I said "yes" somewhere in there, but as he slid the ring onto my finger, I made sure to say it about ten more times. I kind of love that it was at home where we are making our lives together, but most of all I cherish having his earnest look in my memory. So wonderful. <3

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I clicked your WB link to here, and I will totally be your blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am writing a book called "So...How Did You Meet Anyway?". It is a collection of people's "how we met" stories coupled with famous people's "how they met" stories. I have a blog where some of those I've collected are posted.
    Anyway...I would love your story for my book.
    Please check out the blog at;
    http://wwwsohowdidyoumeet.blogspot.com/
    to see if you like the format. And if you'd like to share your story, please e-mail me at;
    susan.amestoy@gmail.com
    Thanks very much and congratulations.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete