Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shoes

There was a post over on Weddingbee today (Source) where a gal was asking if the dress was easier to find than the shoes.

Yes. A million times, yes.

I have a ton of time until this even becomes an issue, but my head is a-buzz of possibilities. I just posted a few weeks ago about desiring to go with shoes that break the mold of white, strappy, plain - but the more I think about it and discuss my thoughts with my sister and friends, the more nervous I am about heels. And flats. And anything else. It all starts glomming together into a ball of "oh, crap."

What if heels are too high? What if I want to dance and party in my dress all night long but I can't stand to STAND for that long in them? And if I take them off, the dress becomes too long? That's no good!


I love these, but are they two high? (Source)


What if I wear flats and it's the middle of October and there's snow? And we wanted to do some pics outside? That's no good!

What if I wear boots of some sort and my feet are hot the entire time? That's no good either!

Next week will mark the time that my dress will officially be ordered - with a set height (which can be altered, but at cost) - and I want to try and give the store the most accurate height measurement of Lilacwire with shoes on as possible.

As a regular-height gal living in an Express-height world, it means that most of my pants come too long and I have to hem them to a good place. And I'm 5'5". I stress about the length of items on my legs and feet almost every day. I guess this should be no different, but I kind of wish THE SHOES would launch themselves out of the woodwork like my dress did and make this whole decision ridiculously easy.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed!! Finding THE SHOES is going to be a horrible task. If I wear heels to the ceremony and my feet are killing me (I'll admit, a likely scenario) can I take them off or change into something else without my dress dragging on the ground.

    I'm 5'2 and I HATE for my pants to be long. I have to get all of my dress pants hemmed or they will be ruined asap. Oh, the troubles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll also admit that I don't proofread my comments before posting. Whoops.. throw a question mark in there somewhere. haha

    ReplyDelete